Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 12, 2013

The Dead Are Living In My Mind Tonight


Flashes of faces come and go
Memories like pictures fade
Until the moment they live again
The mind is awkward 
The mind is strong
A scent of perfume 
A lost love song
A simple scarf around a neck
A smile from one face to another
And I see you, alive again
I remember you
I remember the first moment our eyes connected
The way you walked in your heels
The dress you were wearing
So beautiful
My surprise, when you smiled at me
Your first hello
Flashes of you 
Flashes of you
You and I, friends 
We became friends that night
You are alive in my mind, tonight
Living and walking
Breathing and being
Your energy touching mine 
I feel
Tangible words do not exist
Because you smiled
And I smiled
We met and our lives collided 
There is unfinished business between us
You are dead and I am living
Your energy is calling
Your energy is a reminder
A beautiful reminder
My tears are for the loss 
Your awkward grace
Your misshapen hands
And tilted feet
I remember you

1 comment:

  1. Written in remembrance of a dear friend. She left behind 2 beautiful children, who mourn her each and every day. She has been gone for nearly 8 years and her energy is knocking at my door.

    ReplyDelete